I've always had an affinity for smaller "mini-monitors" and wanted to design something that would be reasonable in cost yet be able to hang with far more expensive speakers. My first real high end speaker was based on the Rogers LS35a which is considered to be one of the classics. Material advances have made it possible to surpass the old technology of the BBC engineering and the result is the Transparente.
The version pictured here is ported on the rear with a low tuning (40hz) so placement near the rear wall isn't a problem. We can even build a smaller sealed version for use in many types of systems - sub/sat 2-channel, surrounds, or even on a desktop. Two choices of standard finishes, red cherry or gloss black.
Shipments beginning 9-1-18 will have the new SB Acoustics ceramic cone woofer.
- Design: 5" 2-way
- Drivers: SB Acoustics ceramic cone woofer, BZ Labs CQ66 ribbon tweeter
- Frequency Response: (+/-3dB) 65hz-20K
- Bass Extension: -10dB @ 50hz
- Impedance: 4 ohms/nominal, 3.6 ohms/minimum
- Sensitivity: 85dB /1W/1M
- Suggested Power: 30-100 watts/channel RMS
- Dimensions: 14"(H) x 8"(W) x 11.8"(D) (tapers to 4.5" wide on the rear)
- Weight: 19 lbs.
- Standard Finishes: Red Cherry or Gloss Black
- Pricing: $1,250/pair (includes free shipping to the mainland USA)