We were contacted by a customer who had purchased the RC5 from us several years ago. He had extensively researched what drivers and format he wanted for a new design. An additional request was made to name the speaker "Jacquelyn" after his sister who early in 2015 lost her life to breast cancer. We will honor her with a donation to cancer research for every pair sold.
Unlike most other speakers this is a sealed box design that can be run without a subwoofer while having good bass extension. If you desire to add a subwoofer the smooth roll off of the bass enables a seamless transition with less phase shift. Outside the cabinet are dual Wavecor 7" woofers with aluminum cones and low distortion motors. The 6" midrange is the top-of-the-line Morel with a carbon fiber-Rohacell cone, titanium former, hybrid motor, and underhung 3" voice coil. All of that adds up to a very linear midrange with great detail and low distortion. topping off everything is a RAAL ribbon tweeter.
Truly "thinking inside the box" the cabinet has five different materials for damping and bracing, including a matrix of carbon fiber tubes. Supra wiring, Clarity capacitors (midrange/tweeter), and WBT terminals are included as well.
A variety of wood veneers are available for selection with the base price including walnut, oak, cherry, or maple with solid hardwood trim on the front baffle and matching solid hardwood bases. The bases are supplied with your choice of spikes or hard rubber feet. Exotic veneers will add a small upcharge and will be quoted upon request.
- Design: Dual 7" 3-way sealed box
- Drivers: Wavecor aluminum cone woofers, Morel carbon fiber-Rohacell midrange, RAAL 70-20XR ribbon tweeter
- Frequency Response: (+/- 3dB) 44hz-20K
- Bass Extension: (-3dB) @ 44hz and (-10dB) @ 30hz
- Impedance: 4 ohms / nominal, 3.6 ohms / minimum
- Sensitivity: 86dB
- Suggested Power: 100-250 watts/channel RMS
- Dimensions: 44"(H) x 11"(W / bottom, 7" top) x 11"(D)
- Weight: 70 lbs.
- What's Included: Everything you'll need except for the cabinets and damping material.
- Kit Price: $2,850/pair (includes free shipping to the mainland USA)