An artist from Lebanon contacted me with his vision for a creation; as a result, we have the Artista. This is our first offering of a design that includes an AudioTechnology driver, the custom midrange found here. The leader of AT, Per Skaaning, is known as an innovator having also founded Scan-Speak and Dynaudio.
The midrange has a large 6" surface area yet extends smoothly into the upper frequencies in a way normally expected from a smaller cone. With a low distortion motor and well-behaved polypropylene cone it produces very natural tone and timbre. By adding a RAAL tibbon tweeter and dual 7" Scan-Speak Illuminator woofers the Artista yields exceptional performance.
- Design: Dual 7" 3-way
- Drivers: Scan-Speak aluminum cone woofers, AudioTechnology 6" poly cone midrange, Raal 70-10D ribbon tweeter
- Frequency Response: (+1/-3dB) 45hz-20K
- Bass Extension: -10dB @ 29hz
- Impedance: 5 ohms/nominal, 4 ohms/minimum
- Sensitivity: 90dB /1W/1M
- Suggested Power: 30-200 watts/channel RMS
- Dimensions: 42"(H) x 9"(W) x 14"(D)
- Weight: 85 lbs.
- What's Included: Everything you'll need except for the cabinets and damping material.
- Kit Price: $3,550/pair (includes free shipping to the mainland USA)